WHEN IS PiNO 2018?
Friday June 15, 2018
8 AM – 5 PM
WHERE IS PiNO 2018?
Tinkham Veale University Center
11038 Bellflower Rd
Cleveland, OH 44106
PiNO 2018 THEME
WHAT IS PiNO?
The Polymer Initiative of Northeast Ohio (PiNO) Conference was started by the graduate students in the Case Western Reserve University Macromolecular Science and Engineering Department. It is a student organized and run conference and career fair. In 2017, PiNO attracted approximately 140 students and had 10 different companies send over 30 company representatives with a combined $1,600 in cash prizes. PiNO is a one-day conference that allows students seeking internships, co-ops, or full-time employment to present posters and network with industry representatives from numerous companies. It consists of a company representative judged poster session, a keynote speaker, resume workshops, and a job fair. This conference is geared towards, but not limited to, students in the following fields: macromolecular/polymer science and engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, and materials science and engineering.
HOW MUCH IS PiNO 2018 REGISTRATION?
Students, researchers, and young professionals seeking jobs: $10
Company registration rates can be found under the Company Registration tab.
PiNO 2017 SCHEDULE (2018 Schedule TBD)
Sign-in, Poster Setup, Breakfast
8:00 am – 9:30 am
2nd Floor Foyer
*Resume Reviews will take place between 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
WHY PiNO (FOR STUDENTS)?
- MONEY – Over $1,600 awarded to PiNO 2017 poster competition winners. Win company sponsored poster competition awards at PiNO 2018 with cash prizes! In addition, registration for students is only $10!
- EXPERIENCE – PiNO is a great environment to get experience presenting your work. With industry representatives as poster competition judges, the importance of knowing your work and its applicability to the real world is essential to gaining networking experience at our conference.
- NETWORKING – Industry representatives from numerous companies are present to network throughout the entire day. Students of all levels and from universities across the United States also serve as great networking opportunities.
- HIRING – The one-day conference ends with a job fair where the interested companies are looking to speak to interested students for potential co-ops, internships, or full-time employment. Each year graduates who obtained jobs from PiNO return with their companies to continue to explore hiring the students that PiNO attracts.
WHY PiNO (FOR COMPANIES)?
- Source graduate students looking for full-time employment
- Event resume database provided before event
- Reserved booth for job fair and job postings link via our website
- Evaluate candidate experience, knowledge, and communication skills by attending the poster competition and sponsoring a poster award
- Full color advertisement on our website, flyers, and social media
PiNO 2018 HOUSING OPTIONS
|Hotel Name||Distance||Phone Number||Price/night||Parking|
|Glidden House||0.0 mi||216-231-8900||TBD||TBD|
|Courtyard by Marriott||0.0 mi||216-791-5678||TBD||TBD|
|The Intercontinental Hotel||0.3 mi||216-707-4100||TBD||TBD|
|DoubleTree by Hilton Tudor Arms Hotel||0.4 mi||216-455-1260||TBD||TBD|
|InterContinental Suites||1.0 mi||216-707-4300||TBD||TBD|
|Hampton Inn - Downtown||4.3 mi||216-241-6600||TBD||TBD|
PiNO 2018 PARKING OPTIONS
There are multiple parking lots on and around campus that cost $10 per day. Please be aware that some lots may only take cash upon exiting. ATM are also available in multiple locations on campus. The listed lots are recommended based on distance from the venue for PiNO 2018.
- Campus Center Parking Garage Lot S-29 (Company parking vouchers for this lot ONLY)
- 1173 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106
Located 0.1 miles from Tinkham Veale University Center
- 1173 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106
- Veale Parking Garage Lot S-53